View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #21
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril I'd like to join!

Well, this looks like fun, and I’m used to playing a dwarf so…mind if I join the RPG? I’ll be auditioning for one of the 8 dwarves!

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - No

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

One

List them, please:

Last Hope for Moria

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Yes Which one?– Green Dragon

For your character please include:

NAME: Káin Bronzetooth

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS Káin carries a large ax with a silver blade inscribed with dwarfish runes in the center of the blade in the shape of a mountain. Also, Káin carries a thin layer of chain mail. Furthermore, Káin has a blunt dagger and a small ax for throwing purposes. Káin also carries an iron helmet and a small club tied around his waist.

APPEARANCE: At 4’, 7” Káin has a plump childish face containing blue eyes. His brown beard that sinks below his chest and his clean, brown hair is tied in a ponytail that goes down to the end of his spine. He is very well clothed and carries a scar across his right arm.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Káin is very proficient at forging and crafting. He is a real comedian and has the ability to make anybody laugh. Tenacious, curious, and eccentric, Káin lives life to the fullest and can’t stand not knowing what’s happening or what someone’s saying. Cooking, all though he stinks at it, is a fond art of Káin, as he likes creating new things. Káin has a weakness in the fact that he is a horrid fighter, and couldn’t save his life for all the mithril in Middle Earth. He knows very little of the peoples of the world and is therefore, clueless to the opinions of others.

HISTORY: Born in the kingdom of Erebor, Káin grew up in his father’s smithy for a time, until when he was 19, when his mother died while wondering off towards Mirkwood. After his mother died, he became an apprentice to another dwarf blacksmith, as his father was wasting away in grief. Káin’s father died 2 months later. Having nowhere do go, Káin studied for 21 years under his master, learning every trick of the trade. When he was 40, his master died and Káin opened up his own shop, complete with forge and his own apprentice to mold. Now, Káin’s renowned skills are needed in what could be the biggest find since Balin in Moria. Rhún.

The Perky Ent's post

Some dwarves never hear it the first time. “Yes. Yes. Yes, don’t worry. I’ll have your ax repaired by the end of the month. Engraving of a dove? Yes. Ok.” As the stout dwarf left Káin’s shop, Káin started on the repair of the dwarf’s ax. In several hours, it looked good as new. “Now there is a quality ax! Time to get you off to your master!” said Káin as he trotted off to find the ax’s owner. “Ah! Now that is an ax! Here’s your gold!” said the owner of the ax. Káin always enjoyed delivering the weapons he crafted. The smiles and the compliments were the best in the world.

As Káin entered his forge, he noticed a small letter on his business table. “Now who could this be from?” Káin said, as there was no name except his own. The letter read:

Káin Bronzetooth,

Your service is required in a “quest” of glory! I am inviting dwarves and….possibly others to an expidition that, if all goes well, will make us filthy rich. There are recent tales of the land of Rhún, far off into the east. If all goes well, there should be a paradise awaiting us. Have you ever wanted to be a legend? Even wanted to be counted among the great? Well, this is your chance. If interested, please meet me in the Great Hall my mid-day. However, this isn’t a walk around the street. This is a serious quest. So, you’ll have to pack up belongings you want to bring, and food while your at it. Please remember, we don’t know how long it will be before we can restock, so back for the long haul. Please consider this opportunity!

“Weird” Káin said as he pondered the letter. “Rhún. Haven’t heard of that in years. Why now? Who wrote that letter anyway? What’s this all about?” As Káin reread the letter, he stopped. “Have you ever wanted to be a legend? Of course! Who wouldn’t! But I have to think fast! If I’m not quick, they might give up my part! I better get over there and find out what’s going on!” The blue sky gleamed in the heavens like a ocean of simarils. The conditions were perfect for a journey. “Well, I better get started! Borfin!” In a heartbeat, Borfin, Káin’s apprentice scurried out from behind the forge. He was about 30 and had dirt on his face. “Borfin! This is it! If you pass, you will be as skilled as I. If you’re successful, you are free to open your own forge. Here is your task. I’m going out on a quest with several dwarves to Rhún. You’ve heard of it, haven’t you? Anyways, I will be gone for a couple of months, and I want you to run the store! When I come back, if the place is well kept up, you are free to be your own master.” Borfin was stunned. Giving a smile, Borfin nooded. “Yes, then I’ll pack and see you in a couple of months. Um…please don’t ruin The Mithril Star Borfin! I’ve grown quite fond of my forge!” and with that, Káin started packing. He backed his favorite ax, along with an ax for throwing and a small blunt dagger. After packing food and other essentials, Káin started walking to the Great Hall. “Goodbye Mithril Star, take care of yourself. “ At last, Káin had made it to the Great Hall. He looked upon the assembled dwarves. “I’ll do it! When do we leave?”
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-23-2004 at 03:16 AM.