View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #42
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I imagine there is some very natural antagonism between Bekah and her daughter, as is usual during the teen years when a daughter is establishing herself as an adult and wanting to move beyond the mother's sphere. This need not be a political dispute but for the time simply a personal state in their relationship. Does this make any sense to you?
Oh, Bethberry! It makes perfect sense, and I know very well what it is you speak of. I'm afraid I would not have good understanding from the motherly end of the spectrum, though.

Quote:
Bekah was fourteen at the time of the arranged marriage, so she is now thirty-nine If anyone thinks this is too young, I'll make her fifteen and now forty.
Not too young at all...at least, not to young to have two teen-aged children. This would make 15/16/17 (probably 16/17) a good age for Gjeelea, unless Bekah was younger than...25 (?) when giving birth to her. How old is a good age for the Pashtians to be having children, Fordim? In our age it is certainly not too old to be having children at 25, but...

I'm just wondering, because we have not established the royal children's ages yet.

-Aylwen