View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #80
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Tallin fiddled with the locks, picking at the carefully with a thin dagger; the guards had taken most of their weapons, but most of Tallins knives and daggers were too well hidden. She heard in click once...twice...

"I need to see him! I need to know whether hes alive!"

Belle once more burst out randomly. Tallins hand slipped as she jerked in shock, cursing under her breath. She understood that the Lorien elf was worried, but it was driving her crazy. She took a deep breath and stuck the dagger point back in the lock. After a few wiggles and careful twists she heard the first click...the second...

Footsteps along the corridor made the wolftamer stop again, frustrated. She backed away from the door a few steps, then heard the feet stop. She slipped another dagger out of her clothes. If they were going to come in a try anything again, she was going to be ready...

Then she heard the lock click, once, twice, three times; not the sound of a key, but of wire or something. What the...The door was unlocked, but something was going on outside. A frantic whispered conversation made by two furious voices made Tallin creep forward. She looked through the lock and her eyes widened. "Berethion?!" She whispered incredulously.

A pause on the other side of the door, followed by the female voice. "Well now they know. We're never going to get out now."
"Corrowyn!"

Corrowyn? Tallin wondered about who that could be before Berethion opened then door, making Tallin stumble back down the steps sharply and, although her eyes couldnt believe it, Berethion was there. With Raye. Tallin was shocked at Rayes appearance, she was bruised all over and ragged. She stared, then smiled at Raye, but only recieved a venomous glare. Woah, calm Raye...or is it Corrowyn...

The others were now standing behind her, as surprised as Tallin had been. Hwesta ran past Tallin, flinging herself into her brothers arms, making him stumble back a few steps laughing. Raye only rolled her eyes.

"Well, are you coming or shall we lock you all back in?" She snapped. Tallin returned her glare and walked up the steps, followed by Arrelle, Faryn, Belle and Yenhofir. Tallin raised an eyebrow at Berethion as she saw the two dead guards lying outside, already stripped of their weapons. Said weapons were already being passed around.

"I was worried about you Tallin." He murmered, smiling slightly. Tallin didnt smile back. "Aye. Thats why you let the murdress out first." She replied sharply. He opened his mouth to reply, then shut it. Tallin looked away and turned back to business mode.

"Come. Lets go. The elves will no doubt know of our going soon."