View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I was more pleased than anything with it. When it stuck to the book, it was lovely, and when it didn't, well, at least it was nothing we haven't seen before with LotR. Sometimes literally.

I did love Thorin and Company and hope there will be much, much more of them in the EE. Balin especially was awesome. I would follow him into Moria. Thorin was fantastic, and I'm soooo glad they didn't take the "Reluctant Hero" route as was done with Aragorn.

The weak spots for me were all of the goblins and orcs. Every word of their dialogue is stunted and far too "modern". And as for Azog...ugh. No. "He died of his wounds.......LONG AGO." I was half hoping that it would be Bolg following instead for revenge, and given an opportunity to show some orcish loyalty as a parallel to Thorin's followers, and also finally see some orcish angst...oh wait, it's PJ&co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
I've had enough of idiotic wannabe-creepy grins of PJ's orcs into the camera for half an age
Seconded. Thirded. Fifteenthed. Forever.

I'll definitely see it again though.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote