Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 01:51 PM   #364
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Matau nodded. "Gladly. I will be heading north myself soon, and could go some of the way with you, as well." Twig seemed honest enough, though his vague answers had been rather off-putting. Matau felt that he could trust the man, yet.... There was something undeniably odd about him; his manner of speaking, his unusual height, and his excessive coverings all lent him a mysterious air.

Twig's eyes gleamed inside his hood. "Thank you. I much appreciate your help." He seemed genuinely pleased. Matau wondered why the man was so determined to go to Fangorn; most of the people he'd met would just as soon stayed away from the old forest. Even though the Ents' part in the War had been a noble one, men still didn't relish approaching Fangorn's Wood.

"You're welcome," Matau said. He paused for a moment. "Twig, could I possibly speak to you outside for a moment? I'm rather curious about something." Twig suddenly looked apprehensious, as far as Matau could tell. Herlion glanced at Matau, obviously wondering what in Middle-earth he was thinking.

Matau gave the other man no hint. He kept his gaze on Twig. "I would just like to talk without so many other people about. I believe I am correct in saying that you wish not to draw attention." He rose. "I am only curious. You need not answer my questions if you wish not to." Matau nodded toward the door.