View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #13
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Greetings to Ransom, Robin, and Belin, and welcome to Rivendell. Please PM me ASAP, so that we can start to get to know each other and I can talk to you about your characters. Two of you will be playing Elrond's sons, and the third will get a character that has not yet been heard of.

My Character:
Name: Meneciriel "Ciri"
Race: High Elven
Appearance: deep gold hair, green eyes. 5'6", 120 lbs. Scar across right cheek. Not beautiful, but looks interesting.
Weapons: A spear and throwing daggers
Personality: Very introspective and intense. Doesn't trust people easily, but also doesn't lose her temper quickly.
History: Used to dwell in Lindon, but now lives in Rivendell. Her family has all gone over the sea, except for her husband, Erestor (yikes! A married character!) and her daughter Eilithien.

Background info:
After the War of the Ring, Elrond begins to plan his journey West. He has lost interest in Middle-Earth, and has passed the day to day runnings of Rivendell to his sons and his counselors, in particular Erestor and his wife Meneciriel. However, without the attention of the Lord, Rivendell is beginning to fall into disrepair.

When the messenger arrives, Elrond does not wish to go to Minas Anor. He chooses Meneciriel, along with his sons and another member of his household, to go in his place.

The First Post:
The messenger had arrived the night before, a burly man riding a gray horse. "I have a message for the Lord of Rivendell!" he had said proudly as he rode into the courtyard. Meneciriel had looked at her husband out of the corner of her eye - Lord Elrond would not wish to receive this man, a rider of Gondor.
"My lord, this message was sent to you. King Elessar wishes to speak to the lord of Rivendell, not to a few of his household advisors," Erestor's voice was agitated as he sat before Elrond. "And Arwen will be disappointed if you do not come."

Meneciriel flinched - her husband had just stuck a dagger into Elrond's most tender spot.

"I care not." The elf-lord's voice was harsh with sadness and pain. "I have said my goodbye to her, and do not need to go again. Elladan and Elrohir will go, as well as some others and Meneciriel, since you do not seem to wish to, Erestor."

"But, my lord!" Ciri cried, sitting up ramrod straight in her chair.

"That is my decision. We need not discuss it."

And so Meneciriel found herself preparing for a long journey. Her companions would be the sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, as well as (name of other character). She brushed away a tear as she slipped a folded cloak into her knapsack. It would be a very long time before she saw either her husband, her daughter, or her home again.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]