View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #553
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
And I daresay you'll take full credit for my complete inability to properly participate?
Nope. Not at all. But I do take some credit from realising we could win if you didn't appear in the end of yesterDay... and being able to execute it.

I mean, about one hour before the DL yesterDay I was more or less sure that we had lost. And it looked totally grim, anyway I counted the numbers.

Until I realised that you hadn't posted the whole Day and started keeping my thumbs up you wouldn't... as without you it was actually possible to lynch Wilwa which I had thought impossible from the get go (well from after I had myself started to hint about her being Sam). So suddenly there was light in the end of a tunnel that had just been turning darker and darker however well we played...

Quote:
It's such a tactical advantage, you see. Such a glorious victory.
Had I known that you were not participating I would agree with you. But without that knowledge we were actually just laying all our eggs to one basket and hoping for the best on the last minutes.

The gloriousness of our victory doesn't come so much from that though, but from the game mechanics which were really against us; the slowness of spiderlings turning, Sam having a capability to both ranger and heal, the loose rule of "you should not reveal" (which meant practically every goodie-role revealed) etc. And really: we had to outnumber you, the normal coming to the level in numbers was not enough...

Quote:
All the best competitions are won against crippled adversaries.
All best competitions are won against overpowering adversaries - and you get to feel really happy when you find the weakness from there when things look desperate at the last hour... So yes, I feel like we deserve some gloating rights.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote