View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #484
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Skip Spence was a musician who had a brief spell of moderate fame and fortune in the late 60's, as a member of both Jefferson Airplane and Moby Grape, two seminal "hippie"-bands from San Francisco. Being something of an acid victim he was incarcerated for trying to attack his manager with a fire-ax and upon his release he cut a solo album, "Oar", before once again disappearing into a fog of mental illness. Many years ago I listened a lot to that album, which is mad but also quite brilliant, and when I was going to register to another forum, completely unrelated to Tolkien, I chose his name as a nick, for no reason other than him being on my mind.

When I first found this site I was in the process of immersing myself in the more nerdy Tolkien materials like HoME, Lost Tales, Unfinished Tales etc, and wanting to comment on a thread I saw, I just used the nick and password from the other forum out of convenience.

So that's that.