View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #934
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Regin and Nogrod - Like Hilde, I think this is a good idea.

The male orcs played by actual posters come off looking better than if they just got rounded up half drunk and asleep. Plus, Dorran will think a little better of someone who would come back and try to rescue a companion.

By having female orcs be among the first imprisoned, the good guys will also have a harder choice. It may be a cultural thing but I think it would be harder for Dorran to vote to execute a female, especially when one of these females is actually a "child". Under these circumstances, I'm not sure if the vote would be a hundred percent to execute as the outline says. It's vaguely possible that the vote would be to spare the woman and child and execute the rest.

As far as the orc money goes, I was thinking this. If Ishkur and Makdush found a nearby place to hide the money before they made the rescue attempt, no one would know about its existence. Once they're freed from the pit or pen or whatever, they could discreetly dig it up and conceal it on their bodies and saddlebags. No one is going to search them at that point. Plus that money could maybe make some interesting complications later, either serious or amusing.

Realistically, both Dorran and Azhar will have to remain behind when the advance party goes out to the slaver camp. They will recover enough to help tend the sick and prepare the bodies for burial or burning.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.