View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #16
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
The Hobbit? In July 2007?

Ha! I laughed out loud when I read the subject line. Utterly ridiculous. We heard about the LOTR movies how many years before they were filmed? Trust me, if and when New Line does TH, the announcements and hype will be HUGE.

Honestly, it lowers my respect of TheOneRing.net that they reported this with the comment: "The BIG news has finally hit."

I don't think The Hobbit could be FILMED, filmed mind you, not released, any earlier than 2008, with PJ's schedule the way it is, and of course, way before it's filmed, it has to be announced. Of course, if it were to be filmed in '08, now would be the time to announce it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. New Line Cinema will release The Hobbit. It may take them a while to get to it, but they will do it. Moreover, lest you doubt, it will be directed by Peter Jackson. Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, and Andy Serkis will reprise their respective roles as Gandalf, Elrond, and Gollum. Richard Taylor, Andrew Lesnie, Ngila Dickson, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Howard Shore, and most of the rest of the LOTR crew will return to do what they do best.

As for Orlando Bloom doing more dwarf-grabbing and stair-sliding, I won't predict it, but I won't rule it out at this point either.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote