View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 01:58 PM   #89
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sam was dreaming again, although this time the dream wasn't bad.
He and Mister Frodo were walking along a beach together, and his heart felt light. Somehow, he knew they were safe.
He murmured, "Thank you, Lord, for bringing us here..."

He looked out at the blue water, the waves gently going in and out on the shore.

He woke up slowly. The boat was gently rocking. He was lying on a little bed of pillows, and Frodo was asleep beside him.

Sam sighed contentedly.

Stacey, who was standing at the rail, heard him and turned.

Stacey: Sam! You're awake! I hope you rested well.

The little hobbit nodded. "I did." he looked around. "Where is everyone?"

Stacey: Well, Rose and Child went below deck some time ago. Probably exploring for something to do. Your daughter found a rope and tied it to one of her arrows *snickers* and is trying to shoot fish. Poor thing's bored out of her skull. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sam chuckled himself. "I'm sure she is."

He glanced to the side as something caught his eye. Two bottles, one with a clear liquid and one with pink, sat by the cabin wall.

Sam: What're those?

Stacey: Oh.

She went and picked up the bottles, then brought them over to Sam and kneeled in front of him.

Stacey: I found these in a room down below. There were a zillion of these bottles, all of them with a different label on them.

Sam took the bottle with the pink liquid in it.

Sam: Mirth, eh?

Stacey: I was thinking of you and Frodo.

She showed him the other bottle, labeled 'Joy'.

Sam: I wonder, are you supposed to drink them straight or make stew with 'em, or what?

Stacey grinned. "You would think of something like that. "

Sam uncorked the "Mirth" bottle and sniffed the top. "Hm. Smells kinda sweet. I'm feeling a bit better now, though--he glanced down at Frodo--but for a while I couldn't get th' thoughts that this was all my fault outta my head.

Stacey: Sam, it was hardly your fault that you got kidnapped by Orcs.

Sam: Well, maybe not, Miss Stacey, but if I hadn't, Mister Frodo wouldn't have come and rescued me, and he wouldn't have aggravated the hurts he already had, much less get more....

Stacey: AGH... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sam, I think you'd better take some of that 'Mirth' before you go on a guilt trip again.

Sam: Maybe...

He tipped the bottle to his lips and drank a bit. It was sweet, like it smelled, and it left a slight tingly sensation on his tounge and down his throat.

Sam: Hm...

Stacey: Well?

Sam: well, I don't feel sick or nothin'--

Just then the boat hit a swell and lurched. Stacey fell on her side, and Sam went backward. Looking over, Stacey saw the mouth of the bottle meet Sam's, and within seconds it's contents were drained.

When the boat righted, Stacey got up and hurried over to where Sam lay. Frodo slept on, undaunted.

Stacey: Sam, are you okay?

Sam sat up slowly. "Yes, yes, Miss Stacey, I am. " he held his stomach and looked at the bottle in his hand. "Oh my, I've done drunk it all, haven't I?"

Stacey: [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hope it dosen't hurt you. "

Sam shook his head. "Now Miss Stacey, I don't think anything on an Elf ship would..."
He stopped and held his stomach.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)