Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #160
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"I say," whispered the Barrow Wight to Smilog, "what do you say to us popping out for a swift drink?" He opened his cloak to reveal that several bottles of Roggie's finest wine and champagne were in concealed pockets sown into the under of his cloak. Smilog grinned and tip towed out with The Barrow Wight, grabbing Tollin by the ear and dragging him out swiftly.

"Bloody people," grunted the Dwarf,

"Watch you're language, old bean," the Barrow Wight slapped him.

"I mean it literally," Smilog explained, "that Skittles is bleeding. Good riddance, I say. Roggie won't re-start those negotiations as far as I can see. Pass me a bottle, would you?" They all sat in the corridor drinking Roggie's champagne and singing quiet songs about sleeping in a river.

Two doctors ran past the audience chamber, one of them was covered in blood; the other was covered in mud. "It's still alive!" cried one, "what are we going to do?" Smilog stumbled to his feet and bowed, but he was sick on the floor as he did so. Tollin laughed and hiccupped as Smilog tried to clean it up with the Barrow Wight's cloak. One of the doctors had a call on his cell phone; they could all hear the words;

Doctor, doctor, she is sick;
Call your mummy very quick

Yet the Doctor shut the phone and drew a large spear from the wall where it was used as decoration. "We've got bigger fish to fry!" he said, "Or, to put it more precisely, bigger worms!" At that moment a huge brown writhing creature burst through the wall behind Smilog and spread disgusting purple slime everywhere. It rose itself up and let forth a great bellow that sounded like 'Blllarrrgeeerrraaaatt!'

"What the Angband is that?" cried Smilog, being frightened sober, "and what is a Blargeat?" The Doctors hurled spears at it, but the creature seemed to absorb them into its flesh and then it belched. The Doctors ran and Smilog turned to look at the creature as it slithered towards them with a menacing stench. Tollin rose and lifted his great morning star and swung it around his head, but the creature wouldn’t stop coming, belching and roaring.

Smilog and the others ran away down the corridor, turned a corner and then found the Doctors hiding in a small wicker basket. "What on Arda is going on?" asked Smilog, the worm passed them down the corridor, seeming not to notice them.

"We were performing an operation," explained the one, "a standard Euphoniumectuary, as specified by the legendary Dr Hookbill of Mordor, but we found this thing embedded in the Orc's stomach. It started eating and eating until it was... huge!" The Doctors shivered and stood up. "I'll answer this call to Roggie's audience chamber. He must have set fire to one of his subjects again. You three help my associate find the worm beast!"

"You want us to find that monstrosity?" asked Smilog, "Have you the brain worms?" but the doctor was gone, The Barrow Wight sat on the floor, draining another bottle of wine. It went right through him, literally. The Dwarf then picked up the Wight and walked back to Roggie's chamber, followed by Tollin.

"Wait!" cried the other Doctor, "What about the worm?"

"Not my problem," scowled Smilog, "I've got a Balrog to talk to about some negotiations. Although, I don't know why I'm bothering."

"Your head smells like a puppy!" cried the Barrow Wight as he drank more wine, "Lets make biscuits!"