View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 AM   #12
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Azarmanô bade farewell to Tiru and walked directly toward the door of the house. After knocking, he paced and waited in front for someone to answer. Usually when Azarmanô came to the west to deliver supplies, his contact had been Tiru. One time, however, when Tiru had been very ill, Inzillomí herself had met with him at the secluded cove. He had been intrigued to make the acquaintance of the daughter of the great Elendil, his leader and close friend. They had talked at length about the day they both dreaded and yet knew was close at hand, the day when they would have to leave Númenor and sail east. Now that day had finally arrived, and it felt no better than Azarmanô had suspected it would. And to add to the sting of sailing away, he now must rescue Abârpânarú from prison. Azarmanô would not stand for the blood of a fellow Faithful to be spilled on the vile stones of Sauron’s altar. He was glad to make the acquaintance of the Lady Inzillomí again; however he would have rather done so under more pleasant circumstances.

Eager as he was to help, Azarmanô was determined to embark on the mission soon and complete it swiftly. The ships were ready to leave with his wife Eirien and son Thoron on board, and they could not wait long. Azarmanô approached the door and pounded the large bronze knocker on the thick wood three times. He waited for several minutes, pacing back and forth anxiously, before he heard a reply from inside.

A cautious voice spoke steadily, “Who is there?”

Inzillomí , thought Azarmanô. It must be. I remember her voice as clearly as the tranquil sea on a calm day. She must be worried about the king’s men; I can sense the fear in her voice.

“Do not fear, my Lady Inzillomí . It is I, the traveler of the seas, Azarmanô. I come with news from your father. I pray that you find it in your heart to let me inside.”

The door swung open to reveal Inzillomí , just as Azarmanô remembered her. After greeting her, the two went to the living room where her daughter, Kâthaanî sat in a cahir. Azarmanô spoke with a friendly warmth in his voice.

“My dear friends, I am deeply grieved to hear about the imprisonment of Abârpânarú in Armenelos. I swear to you by the Valar that I will do everything that I can to get him back. However, we must hurry for your father has assembled the rest of the faithful in Romenna and plans to leave very soon. He sent me to gather up the remainder of the faithful, but after I learned the news I sent my ship back, for I could not leave while your husband sits in chains. How may I serve you now my lady? I beseech you, act fast, for time is a luxury we do not have.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 03-11-2005 at 09:17 AM.