View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #87
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And it was first Roa and Nerwen who made the questions - and they are two players who should really understand what Boro was saying! As a rule of thumb (which can be broken of course in individual cases) gifted needs to look a bit suspicious so that the wolves think they can get her/him lynched and don't "waste" their Nightkill on that person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Perhaps it is something that obvious, but if it is that obvious, why do we keep realizing it only after "crap...lynched another gifted Day 1?"
Yes, but I acknowledged that point – see my posts at #34 and #56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally posted by Me
I mean, yes, it's true we've lynched gifteds a lot lately, to the point where I can understand people getting paranoid– but there's really not much the village as a whole can do to prevent it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally posted by Me
Then you say you're not saying that, so what are you saying? That we shouldn't all jump on the first person who looks a bit odd, as that person might well be gifted? That I'd agree with
What I'm saying is that this is true... but it's also kind of pointless, and doesn't really lead anywhere. I think that criticism's perfectly valid, as was asking you for an alternative. And that's pretty much all I did... despite the fact that I was supposedly "jumping" on you.

Honestly, if any molehill's having a mountain made of it, it's this "everyone jumped on Boro!" meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I admit I scan the rules and am liable to miss things, but if someone can't get the number of wolves correct, or the roles that's either plain laziness to not read the captain's notes or someone's faking ignorance. And in this circumstance the number of wolves was stated in more than one place. You are anything but lazy in your analysis Roa, to state the wrong number of wolves, looks more than an innocent slip or failure in double checking.
Okay, but isn't this verging on forbidden meta-reasoning? Besides, maybe she did get lazy this once.

EDIT:X'd with Roa, Lommy and Nogrod. (Yes, the "molehill" is a coincidence!)

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-30-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote