View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #94
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elendil thought about Gil-galad's words. They made his heart bleed, because he knew the truth in them. Yet he had asked for Gil-galad's opinion, and the elf had answered truly, like a good friend should.

He thought about his two sons; Anarion, always seemed to be in the shadow of his brother. Yet he fought valiantly to defend Gondor, and he always put himself at risk rather than put others in danger.

Isildur was, as Gil-galad had seen, a man who had ambitions, and desired greatness. These ambitions had made him save the White Tree in Númenor, and when Elendil thought of that great act of courage, that Isildur had performed, his heart was eased. He turned and faced Gil-galad again as they rode on.

"You are right, my friend, in your judgement of my sons. I only hope that Isildur will learn wisdom, and that his gentle brother will influence him; for they love each other dearly, and Isildur has always heeded his advice, even above mine."

Gil-galad could feel some bitterness in that last statement; He guessed that Elendil was sad that he did not have a better relationship with his son. But any further thoughts on this subject were stopped, when a scout approached them.

"We have found several routes through the mountain, and lord Isildur has already begun sending the soldiers through." The two High Kings spurred their horses forward, one of them lamenting his lack of sons, the other lamenting the difference of his sons.

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]