View Single Post
Old 07-04-2003, 04:08 PM   #103
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Thelian patted Melost's horse quietly before starting to put him away for the night. He had heard briefly some of what was said earlier that evening, as had nearly all who were travelling, and the conversations seemed to have wearied him. As the others prepared for the night, Thelian sat down.

"Do you want something?" asked the cold voice. Thelian gave in inward sigh. Leave it to him to accidentally sit next to Menelya.

"No, my Lady," he said, "I was merely resting."

Thelian jumped up and began to make ready for the night himself. He made sure to stay as far away from Menelya as possible.

Thelian saw to both Melost's and his own supplies, then went about pulling together a meager meal for himself, finally sitting next to Menelya, who glared at him briefly. She was, oddly enough, sitting alone. The large meal she had in front of her made up for the lack of company, apparently, and the Elf woman was soon eating the large serving in front of her.

Once they stopped for the night, Menelya had her things taken down for her. She also ordered a meal to be made up. Menelya sat down, waiting impatiently for her food. Suddenly, a figure sat next to her. Menelya gave a biting comment, and Thelian arose.

Nearby, the other women sat, waiting for food. They spoke and twittered as always. Menelya tried to make casual conversation with them, but they shunned her. Menelya sighed and went back over to her original seat. Anwaelme's prophesy was coming to pass even more quickly than she imagined. Menelya was losing her place in society even as they travelled. The Elf woman received her food and looked at it for a while, unsure she wanted to eat now.

Thelian came back and sat next to her, eating a small meal. Melian suddenly gained her appetite back: she was still higher than Thelian, after all. She dug into her meal and the two ate next to each other in accepting silence.