View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #78
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia smiled, as the Saucepan Man described the possible uses of a mirrorball. "Aaah," she sighed, "dancing! Are we going to be getting to that soon I wonder?" Lifting a glass of some unidentified liquid from a passing waiter's tray, she went to nudge the Saucepan Man playfully, but again, stopped herself, wary of the clanking pots. "Don't forget" she said in a rather subdued voice, "You're saving me a dance..." she suddenly began to feel a little skeptical about the possibilities of escaping such a dance unscathed.

The Saucepan Man clanked a little more, in something that looked like a small bow, and replied, "Certainly, certainly..." As he spoke, Sophia caught a glimpse of her dear companion Maegaladiel across the hall. Mae was stomping her foot at a small reporter who was busily chattering and following up with a bright green pen, the tengwar on her page quickly recording Mae's irritated answers.

"Do excuse me, I think I see a damsel in distress." she said to the Saucepan Man as she wandered over to where Sunny Day was harrassing Maegaladiel. As she approached Sunny Day's face lit up and her bright green pen waved in the air toward her. Sophia groaned.

"Miss Sophia!" she shrieked, " a few questions..." Talking aloud to her pad, she scribbled across a new page, "I'm now here with our friendly neighborhood Thunder Mistress, who is dressed all in red silk, and wearing a spectacular crown of red flowers..."

"Please!" Sophia snorted in exasperation, "could you excuse us?" Sunny Day looked up, startled by the suggestion. "We have important things to discuss, don't we Mae?" Sophia said firmly, casting a plea for help toward Maegaladiel, who nodded decisively toward the reporter. "If we don't discuss them now, they certainly won't make the front page tomorrow..." Sophia added coaxingly.

"Whew", Mae sighed, "Thanks, Sophia, I owe you for that one." They walked toward Sophia's table, where Fin was still sitting, looking rather dejected. She pulled out the chair and sat beside him.

"Fin, this is Maegaladiel, Mae, Fin- my date." She introduced them, then waved a hand toward Thoriel and Alatariel, "and these are Fin's other dates." Fin winked at her, as the three sat down for a good chat.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!