View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 07:08 AM   #8
Umwë
Animated Skeleton

Umwë has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Umwë
Grokgash the Skullcleaver

Grokgash stood in the freezing mud and tried to track the humans. But the tracks was all mixed up by others. He couldn’t move his feets, they were freezing and was trembled with cold.

“Get me another fur. It’s freezing here!” he shouted.

“But master, we don’t have any fur that’s not occupied.” Huggark said and trembled a bit for Grokgash’s bad temper.

Huggark the little coward. I will flay him alive, he thought and made a grimace.

“Okay, don’t just stand there now! Get ready to leave! You said they were close!” He screamed and sounded more angry than usual.

The orcs screamed and grumbled and all of them drew their swords and stood ready with their shields and started to beat their swords againt their shields. It ended up in a horrible metallic sound. Grokgash grinned and held his scimitar in the air. The orcs saw that and did the same and screamed. Grokgash inspected all the orcs slowly and Huggark stayed close to Grokgash.

Huggark was a small bony creature that always was afraid. He was so unlike an orc, and that made many of the other orcs laugh at him. He followed Grokgash wherever he went and served him.

They started to track, but after a long distance of running Grokgash made halt and sniffed. “We’ve lost them” he said and stomped in the ground with his foot.

“I’ve found pretty fresh tracks, master!” an orc shouted nearby.

Grokgash went closer and saw several footsteps in the mud. The direction was like before. “You want as to start going again, master. I believe I’m not speaking for only myself when I suggest that we stay here an rest for a moment..?” the orc that had found the tracks said. He stood and glanced at the others but everyone looked down in the mud.

“Bah! You whimp!” Grokgash started and drew his scimitar. “Are you an orc or a disguised human that think this is just another journey that we arrange for fun?!” The orc shuddered and tried to avoid Grokgash’s gaze. “I-I’m an orc, master, of course... Let’s go, let’s go now!” the orc finally said and shuddered.

They followed the tracks and they did just stop once for a short meal. The day turned to night and soon it was pretty dark and they could barely see anything. Grokgash commanded them to continue, and said that if they wanted any food, they would get it when they had hunted down the humans.