View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

After the meal Sjorging and Gelding retreated back into the tent, soon accompanied by Beluf. They all settled down, there was no talk between them until Belup popped up, "You know, Adranel is probably freezing out there. Maybe, we should give her a blanket."

"We don't have extra blankets," Sjorging grunts, "if you want to give her yours and freeze, by all means do so."

Beluf poked his head out of the tent "Here, It’s cold out there. Sorry we don’t have another tent or something.” He tossed her the blanket, Adranel thanked him, and he went back into the tent. Gelding was already sleeping, he also tended to snore a lot. Soon Beluf and Sjorging fell into a dreamless slumber, and morning was about them again.

Sjorging awoke yawning and rubbing his eyes. He got up stretched, and made his way out the tent. To his surprise, Adranel was already up, and getting ready. "You're up" he says.

Adranel was irritated by this statement, but she could tell he was suprised, and wondered if that was a good thing. She even thought he might have been pleased that she was ready, but what else did he expect? "I am. Good morning." she responds.

Beluf and Gelding came out of the tent. Beluf immediately smiled seeing that Adranel was already up, he was worried what Sjorging would have done if she wasn't. Sjorging said there was no time to get the fire started again, so for breakfast they all settled for some bread, atleast that would give them some energy for the journey ahead.

After breakfast they, all packed and started preparing for the road to come. “I suppose we’re ready to go, then? If you have a fourth pack, I wouldn’t mind carrying some things,” offered Adranel.

"That'll be all right," Beluf responed, "We only took what we could carry on our backs."

"Not unless you wouldn't mind carrying my stuff?" Gelding chucked. Gelding was often the humorous one of the three.

Without any objections the four of them set off, with the storm behind them, and who knows what other evils ahead. They hadn't even travelled two hours when Gelding spotted a soldier, wearing some strange armor, and was upon a horse. "That's a man of Gondor." he exclaimed.

"See I knew King Elessar would deal with these orcs" Beluf said. Sjorging turned and gave Beluf a sharp glare. He was very doubtful of this King, from a distant land, despite his widespread prestige. Sjorging signaled the soldier over, and explained their business.

"This is good news, I'm sure Lord Uther would be pleased to hear what you have to tell, being that you are all from Dale. Maybe you can tell him a bit about these rampaging orcs." said the Scout. Beluf turned and faced Adranel, he was smiling, but noticed something was wrong. "Everything ok?" he asks.

Adranel simply nodded, she was questioning why she even came along in the first place. Now she's going to be around a whole army of soldiers, and from GONDOR. Beluf frowned, he could tell something was bothering her, but didn't have any business to further delve into the subject.

It wasn't long before they all spotted the host up ahead, they were resting at this moment. Sjorging lets out a grunt, he wasn't pleased with this puny army of peasants the King had thrown together. He expects this rubble to break through the fortress of Gundabad.

Sjorging and Gelding approached the captain, Beluf and Adranel had wandered away from everyone. Sjorging explained the whole story of having their town attacked and making their way across Dale.

"We are here for that exact reason," Uther boasts, "to get rid of these orcs once and for all." Sjorging thinks to himself, good luck with that, you'll be lucky to put a dent into the force, with these men you have.

"There's an orc company up ahead that's been roaming through the Dale, burning as they go." Gelding remarks. "Also, it might be good to stop here, there's a nasty storm on it's way, I deem. However, you are in charge, and our road lies onward, not back."

Uther nods and grants Sjorging and the rest of them to stay as long as they wish. Beluf and Adranel were quite a bit away from the camp, they didn't care to talk to any of the Gondorians. They just sat and stared ahead, wondering what was to happen next.