View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 01:21 AM   #206
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I'm a bit puzzled by the suggestion that Lady Ruiel and her daughters could be living in the Steward's house, to say nothing of other Minas Tirith citizens. Certainly only his family would live there on a permanent basis, wouldn't they? I'm sure that there were rooms and suites for state guests, such as Finduilas and her entourage, but other than servants, maids and persons belonging to the Steward's household, I see no reason for others to live there. If Lady Ruiel has been trying to become a part of the normal society in Minas Tirith, she would have a house of her own, like all the other citizens, I should think. She is not an ambassador or something similar, after all.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'