View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 09:50 PM   #289
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Esgallhugwen broke off from one of the stares that was especially cruel, she could see it in his mind Nothing but trouble... those Elves and thinking they can just barge into a quiet place and start making a fuss, nothing but withchery and deception that was back there, always pulling stunts, their probably the heathens and ruffians everyone is talking about, always skulking around in the shadows!

She could not sense Lira in the Inn so she headed out the door, just as she opened it Aman and the man Beren came in, Esgallhugwen exchanged glances with the two. Aman seemed a little shocked that the Elf was already on her feet and walking about after what had happened earlier with all the commotion and strangeness.

Outside she could hear singing that she recognized in her dark dreams before they vanished. She halted almost dropping the daggers she had gripped in her hand, those haunting words bound her in a spell before she could break them and continue on her way.

Lira stood by her horse the moon shining on both of them, Esgallhugwen did not want to disturb but walked over lightly into the moonlight. The silver scabbards glistening like crystals in her cold white hand. Her eyes sparkled briefly under her hood.

'Lira' she said smoothly as Lira woke with a start, she looked over and smiled 'so you are up are you sure you are alright? What happened?'. Esgallhugwen walked closer, 'I'd much rather not talk about that at this time, since the darkness has left me for a while yet'. She held the daggers aloft in her hand towards Lira 'take these... I noticed that you carry nothing on you for protection, and these I can spare, also take them as a sign of our friendship, you were there when I fell... but who was the one that was inside of me, I must thank them as well'. Lira didn't seem to know what to say at first so Esgallhugwen walked over to Morsereg and comforted him.
And so she sang:

Of days of olde the Elves would sing of greatness and of good. But soon all treasures sank from them and turned to stone cold ash.
All have passed, but few who stay have not lost hope in days of shadow.
Light will come again one day, so she said to me. I could not see it.
Is the light hailed by mortal ones alone when the immortal are ever in sorrow?
She has passed but her body is left in mortal lands... forever.
Hope and courage she gave to me to aid when paths mislead.
I fear I will never gaze upon Luinhith again, do not despair for the light of hope and good has come again.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Esgallhugwen ]