View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 05:29 PM   #292
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Lira, as she listened to the song Esgallhugwen sang, inspected the daggers. Silver vines encurled about the scabbards, their silver sides glimmered in the moonlight. Girding one about her waist, where it hung gracefully and clanked gently against her hip, Lira packed the other in a saddle bag. "Esgallhugwen," Lira murmured, taking the elf's hand in hers, "I thank thee for thy gift of friendship."

Turning, Esgallhugwen by her side, Lira tugged her pale yellow hair, the hair streaked with white and murmured, "Esgallhugwen, I am afraid. All is not well, I fear, with my parents. They told me that when they reached the Valinor in six or seven years, they would send word to me. I told they in Ithilien that if a message arrived to send it off to the Shire, but I have received nothing. The road was still black when they departed...I fear they may have never reached the Havens."

A sad silence fell and Lira, with a soft, sad laugh, shook it off and said, "Come with me. I must see the Mistress Innkeeper."