View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #67
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
"Thank you for the wine, Cailin. It's very good.

I can summarize the rational behind my points in one sentence, Perky and Cailin: We can't make theories without data anymore than we can make bricks without clay. And the only way to get said data is to have a conversation. Nothing wolvish about it.

And I think my entire paragraph should be re-quoted, just so there's no confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
What I mean is that we've all got to come out with some ideas and force the wolves to do the same so that at least it gives us something to go on to find them. Even if visibility gives them a way to attack an innocent, at least the attack gives the others something to go on too. Who led or bandwagoned against a vocal and potentially wolf-endangering innocent? As opposed to charging against a quieter villager, which doesn't give us as much information to analyze since it's harder to figure out motives behind the choice. I'm willing to take the chance of being accused and, yes, even lynched, if it gives us something to go after the wolves on.
To clarify, if the wolves use vocalness as a reason to launch an attack and that leads to a lynching, at least we as villagers have more data to form a theory than we would have if they had attacked a silent one.

I know that there are reasons other than wolvishness to lay low, and I'm keeping that in mind."