View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 05:08 AM   #246
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
One thing I wonder about from yesterday.
When the Good Wizard turned a wolf back to the path of righteousness, did the Evil One know which of his brood he had lost? He clearly does now, of course, but did he know at daybreak? If not, he would have had rather a worrying Day....

Morm, my dear old mayor, I'm glad you like my cannon fodder theory, but unless Loki was telling the truth and really was turned, then it doesn't apply in his case.

It is a great pity about the Seer not getting a dream in. I seem to remember some talk of the Nights being prolonged if business had not been concluded therein. I take it that no longer applies? I hope the wolves and EW will also be subjected to strict time constraints, that's all.

Another question I have, what rules does our great Seal-in-the-Sky intend to apply to non-voters and non-posters?
YesterDay's non voters were Sleepy (who has explained why elsewhere) and my wretched niece Oddwen. Where IS that child? Oh well, another day of sipping gin-and-its and sewing ruffles on my party dress, I'm sure she'll turn up when she's hungry.

The wolves - there were only two last night and presumably they either came, via their mod, to some arrangement, or the EW picked one of their two choices, or the EW may even have made a few suggestions to them regarding their kill, if such things are permissible.

The death of Saucie? A simple explanation, quite possibly: too high-profile to turn into a wolf, too dangerous to keep as an enemy.
But there is another explanation and I wonder if I am thinking along the same tracks as phantom. However too many hints will negate the benefits of keeping the theory quiet so I will say nothing until later.

On the subject of phantom, I see no-one suspects him at all. I don't either, actually, but I have looked in a few lorebooks and searched my ancestral memories and found that last time everyone trusted his ancestor, it led to village disaster. (One that profited my ancestress, an equally frivolous but also extremely wicked dancing girl...but let us not dwell on such painful matters.)

Mistress Battledore and the self-confessed creepy shepherdess Fea both think it seemly to hunt out the GW, as he is heading for martyrdom anyway. Now this is frivolity and nonsense beyond even my ken. Do you not think, ladies that we should at least wait until he gives us a few gifteds? Madame Diamond I am already watching, for showing more familiarity with the lyrics of the J Geils Band than any decent person should, something that would in itself be a lynching offence in less tolerant settlements.