View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 12:06 PM   #78
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

So many new folk and old folk that an old hobbit's head fairly swims!

(Prayers much appreciated, reciprocated, and proven efficacious!)

I am up and about now, and a somewhat thinner hobbit than when my adventures with the surgeons commenced. I'm of half a mind (some would say that is my usual state) to take a picture of their orcish healing procedures. Tomorrow I return so that they may remove the hideous Frankensteinian staples from my belly!

My long-suffering soulmate, the Mrs. Gilthalion, promises unguents and remedies that will eventually remove much of the scarification. Her tender ministrations of ointments should thus remove the worst of a long scar that is now stapled from above my navel to near my nethers!

Internally, all is well enough. I have little enough of my hobbit-like appetite however, and may never regain the extensive waistcoat I've lost in the course of this adventure.

I thank you all for kindly remembering me, though it has been long since I could participate in the RPG forums (which I am delighted to have had some role in starting), and longer since I could participate in the other forums. My last article for the website was "Saruman" and I've really not done anything of a creative nature since then. (Except in small theatrical writings and performances for my Lord, for which my new thinness and long hair leaves me better suited.)

I have immensely enjoyed the Extended DVD and hope that the rest of you have as well.

After the first of the year I will be seeking new employment, and cannot answer for my time. Until then, I will try to pop in here and there and nose about a bit.