View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I think this expedition could do very well with two full-fledged marine biologists, Lommy - after all, the arctic is just an ice-covered sea, isn't it? As a matter of fact, my special field of research is cnidaria and mollusca - you know, jellyfish, squids and everything soft and wobbly (plus a minor interest in echinodermata, such as starfish); I'll gladly leave whales, dolphins and other sea-borne mammals to you. (By the way, remind me to tell you that joke about the dolphin, the squid and the shark one of these days, if you haven't heard it yet and the exigency of our expedition leaves us time for such matters.)
Pleased to have you on board, anyway!

(Which reminds me -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Although you may still be surprised (or maybe not. It depends).
Well, I can see all kinds of horrible possibilities and even more horrible combinations thereof, but this place being what it is, we might benefit from having a polar bear expert among our crew...)