View Single Post
Old 03-17-2001, 08:35 AM   #7
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
also

He seems also to have come close moments before his death, when he realized that frodo did truly respect him and that frodo had grown great among the wise even as he had fallen, I imagine Gandalf was on some level aware of Saruman at this moment only a short distance away at Bombadillo's and may well have striven w/ saruman ,encouraging him to repent, even as he encouraged frodo to take off the ring. saruman of course was still unable to shake of the grip of ultimately Morgoth which belittles acts of love and pity and chokes off even reason and the insict for survival. saruman died and his spirit was not allowed to return to the west. I would imagine that as a maia he would in time be able to take shape again unless his spirit was literally dissipated to gratly as seems to be the case w/ Sauron. what sadness there must have been in Valinor and in Mithrandir's heart.

well let us look to our selves.

Lindil is often found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowowns and working on his own board Osanwe-Kenta[/i]- 'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.' </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote