View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
R.R.J Tolkien
Wight

R.R.J Tolkien has just left Hobbiton.
And from Joel Salatins the Marvelous Pigness of Pigs

https://www.amazon.com/Marvelous-Pig...igness+of+pigs

On farmers using sap for syrup “The flow [of sap] stays constant once the taps are in and the weather holds Unless the wind blows. If the wind blows, the sap stops running out of the tree... sap is a cleanser for the trees. ...When the farmer bores the tap the tree sends sends sap to heal the wound...When the wind blows, the tree senses that a branch might break. A broken branch is a much more serious wound than a little clean tap hole in the trunk. Therefore the tree withholds the sap from the tap hole in case it needs to rush a bunch of sap to a broken limb somewhere. Once the wind subsides, the sap starts flowing again through the little tap hole. Sentinel beings anyone? You bet. Fearfully and wonderfully made.
-Joel Salatin The Marvelous Pigness of Pigs Faith Words NY Nashville 2016

“New research shows that trees in Africa being grazed by herbivorous ping out a phenol message to change the chemical composition of the leaves to more bitterness. Its a protective measure against grazing. Are trees sentient beings? You bet. Anything that can communicate and morph its physiology that quickly is absolutely thinking. Psalm 139.14 says life is “fearfully and wonderfully made” Indeed.”
-Joel Salatin The Marvelous Pigness of Pigs Faith Words NY Nashville 2016