View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #757
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, we don't have to leave it that way; but you can bet Tharonwë would do that if there was "no eagles", as we say. I'm open to possibilities. Perhaps I wrote the worst case scenario. I would like to see what can be made of it, though. Here are some options:
  • Mellondu is dead and Amroth is marooned with Nimrodel but Aeron and Gwyllion are there to aid them, being ghosts, and this has been their destiny from the get-go.
  • Raefindan runs to Mellondu instead of toward Tharonwë and applies 21st century medical knowledge vis a vi breaking the arrow on both ends then applying pressure to the neck, so that Mellondu does not lose blood.
  • Raefindan effects some of the same power he exhibited in overthrowing Tharonwë's will by miraculously healing both Mellondu and Erebemlin, or even raising them from the dead.
  • Jorje sees what's about to happen and tackles Tharonwë before he can get the first arrow off and it flies awry but mortally wounds Leafa who with her dying breath sings that one song's final verse to Ædegard: "It will not be long love till our wedding day".
  • Raefindan sees "in his spirit" (being who and what he is) realizes what's about to happen and interferes somehow.

These are the options I can think of. Others? What do you think? Erebemlin's fate is not certain.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.