View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 10:22 PM   #271
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Field of Celebrant: The Elves

Taitheneb smiled at the young woman as he pulled his golden hair taut and replaced the leather tie. “You know naught of the history of the land of which you draw in your maps, Miss Bellyn?” The elf was only jesting, but his words made the young woman blush. “I apologize.” As he spoke he felt Nethwador’s gaze cut through him as though the young boy was protecting Bellyn. “I am not as learned in the history of Men, but I do know of slaughter that took place to our south.”

As he motioned to the area known as the Parth Celebrant, Taitheneb began to tell what he knew of the Northern Army of Gondor and their hopeless battle against the wild men from the East and Orcs from the South. The young woman’s eyes widened as the elf spoke of their desperate call for help.

“Then from the South rode Eorl the Young,” young Ædegard stepped in to Taitheneb’s surprise and relief. “They say that fear flew before him and the enemies fled in panic. It was this feat that gained this land for our people.” Taitheneb noticed the young man pause then add, “My people.”

An awkward silence followed as the basic ethnic differences between the individual travelers was brought forward.

Erebemlin, who had silently watched and listened, spoke up and encouraged the Men to eat quickly and ready themselves for the day ahead. The elf had spoken with Amroth as soon as he had awakened, and it seemed the king wished for the group to travel south along the Anduin. “She has always loved the water” was Amroth’s reasoning, and although Erebemlin was not as confident about finding her there, he agreed to accompany his king wherever the search led him.

Erebemlin continued to contemplate the meanings of Amroth’s dreams, but his reasoning was difficult because he now watched over the king and ensured peaceful, dreamless sleep. He needed to see Amroth’s dark wandering thoughts to fully understand whether he had found the Lady Nimrodel or not, but with Amroth in poor health, Erebemlin did not feel he could speak of it just yet.