View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 06:55 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril I met a fellow BDer!!

I’m starting this thread to give everyone who has met someone from the Barrow-Downs a place to tell us all about it. You think that’s nice of me, to be so interested in your experiences? Naw, I just want to brag to you all about mine!!

I met Lush yesterday!! She’s in Germany at the time, so I went to Cologne (Köln) to get together with her. It was raining, so we went somewhere to sit and have something to drink (no, not what you think – we had hot tea!) while we talked. We spent over three hours, getting to know each other’s real life person, talking about the site, the book, the movie, soccer, the difference between life in the US and Europe… And of course we enjoyed a bit of good-natured gossip about the people we know on the Downs!! It was my privilege to get to know a young woman who is interesting, intelligent and serious as well as being very humorous – not that I was surprised! We had not one dull moment and I would be very happy to see her again. At any rate, it will be even more fun to read her posts now that I’ve actually seen and heard the person behind them.

(By the way, for all you hobbits - the restaurant we sat and had lunch in had two pages of its menu devoted to mushroom dishes - and what we tried tasted very good!)

Now it’s your turn…
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 08-06-2005 at 10:20 PM. Reason: corrected old smilie codes
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote