View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 09:01 AM   #210
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Findur leaned against the side of the inn away from where the fire had now been extinguished. His horse, Braelin, grazed not far away, though he was unaware of his master’s gaze upon him. How many horses had died in the terrible fire? Findur hoped that Byrn had survived. Aldor had loved that horse. As if to answer the Rohirrim’s question, a man with a blackened face and a large patch of singed hair walked aimlessly past. It took Findur several moments to recognise his dear friend Aldor. He noticed that Aldor’s eyes were half closed with little light being reflected. Findur was saddened to realise Aldor’s expression of misery was due to the death of Byrn.

“Aldor, I’m sorry,” said Findur, not knowing what else to say. He friend merely looked at him expressionlessly. “Your face, it needs to been seen to. It’s burnt,” he added, as Aldor gave him a confused look and touched his face. Aldor’s hand drew back quickly as pain shot through his face, as though it had only just appeared, though in truth he had been too much in shock to notice before now.

“You should have searched for him,” said Aldor monotonously. “You could have saved him, but instead you chose to be satisfied with saving your own horse.”

Findur was not surprised that Aldor was acting like this, but it still affected him deeply. “You know it wasn’t like that Aldor. I would have gone back in, by the flames were too fierce.”

“Oh really?” said Aldor angrily. “You didn’t see me cower away from the flames did you? I would have gone back in if it had been the other way around!”

“But it wasn’t the other way around, Aldor. Calm down.”

“Calm down?” roared Aldor. “I’ll give you ‘calm down’!” Without warning Aldor swung at Findur, landing a blow square on his chin. There was a loud crack and Findur spat out a broken tooth in the midst of some blood. He looked up at Aldor, but quickly ducked as he saw another blow come his way, though he couldn’t avoid the third and was hit hard in the ribs. He felt one crack, but he was little concerned about himself. He had to stop Aldor before someone with a sword did.

“Aldor, you’re being foolhardy!” As Aldor took another swing at him, Findur grabbed his arm with his left hand and punched him between the ribs with his right. Aldor staggered backwards, gasping for breath. He recovered quickly, and ran at Findur, knocking him painfully into the corner of the Inn. His head crashed against it, causing Findur to go extremely dizzy. Blood poured from a wound on the back of his head and he found it difficult to avoid Aldor’s blows. Now nearly every rage-driven punch was hitting Findur, with extreme force. He swung at Aldor, but Aldor dodged and used the opportunity to pummel Findur has hard as he could in the ribs. Another one broke.

[ November 22, 2003: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]