View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 09:55 PM   #20
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hullo Child of the 7th Age:

(Thank you for providing the further background history, btw.) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Beginning with this quote of mine:

Quote:
There are now 11 people whom I've accepted into the Castle Maladil RPG, and this after stating that I was looking for 10.
And continuing with this quote of yours:

Quote:
I always did poorly in math, but don't we have twelve? Plus Master Gandalf, of course.
In response to the above:

Adanedhel and theWhiteLady being future acceptees upon their arrival and agreement, let's just say for the sake of mathematical argument that they have indeed already been accepted, making our total 12, without counting me, for I'd make 13.

In the above scenario, there's an obscure formula that comes into play when dealing with haunted castles. It goes something like this: If you were to substitute me for The Fifth such that I would be one of the twelve, and then add the ordinal number (5th) back into the equation again, his essence being after all passed into Shadow long ago, and an ordinal number denoting order being but a shadow of a cardinal number of quantity, The Fifth would quite naturally be swept into Castle Maladil itself as a restless spirit ... to form part of the Quest itself in a seperately ordered set, rather than being part of the quantitative set of Questers.

Any questions? * blinks *

Hullo Aylwen Dreamsong:

All who've been accepted up to this point, remain accepted, whether your number's come up as 1, 5, 12, or indeed, 13. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~ Gandalf the Grey