View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 08:27 PM   #13
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I love John Howe's illustration of Frodo at the Ford. It is my favorite depiction of that scene. Another of my favorite illustrations is by Rob Alexander. I have seen it called "Lure of Expedience" and "Palantir" and is (IMO) what Sauron thinks he is seeing when he discovers Pippin on the other end of the Palantir of Orthanc. (It is theorized thus to Pippin in TTT by Gandalf as he is riding towards Minas Tirith). If you'd like to see it, the link is here: Lure of Expedience

I know I've seen Nasmith's work; I think he did the artwork for the Danbury Mint plates, which included a lovely illustration of Bathing at Crickhollow, complete with Pippin splashing water everywhere!

There's so much great artwork out there! I believe there are some good links to archives on the Barrowdowns' Links link [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh yes, another favorite I would like to mention: I cannot remember who is the artist, though. It is Gimli hewing the neck of an orc in a VERY graphic and gory depiction indeed! Full color and full of blood! Great stuff!

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote