View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #96
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I do miss the days when there were several RPGs moving along at the same time - certainly not always as quickly as people would like and often going beyond the set time-span, but not lasting for a year...or two...or three as they are now.

But that being said, I was always slow with RPGs, and didn't do well with the pressure of others depending on me for the story to keep moving. And I must say that the reason the Downs is the only place I RP anymore (and is the only place I've 'consistently' RPed), is because I am one of those people who can work at that pace because, really, I can't fully commit to a project even for a few weeks (partially because I do have to fully commit to projects like schoolwork), even though I try.

The 'lack' of writers is probably in part because there aren't the same number of games being started up to be a part of. Because games aren't good at ending. But...do you force a game along, or do you let it become whatever the writers make it into? Really, if you look at some of the finished games, some of them were forced along to meet (or at least somewhat meet) their deadlines. Did that make them bad? No, but they certainly could have turned out differently, even if they never finished. If you know what I mean.

I've plotted many a new game. I love starting them (keeping up with them is another matter entirely, of course...). I'm thinking of doing a game over January that I will (hahaha) force myself to keep short. Riiiiight.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote