View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 02:24 PM   #231
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

Veggie Tales fans will understand this one fully. The rest of you....just nod and smile. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

THE ENGLISH-HOBBIT WHO WENT TO THE SOUTHFARTHING (AND CAME BACK WITH ALL THE PIPE-WEED)

Merry: I am the English-hobbit who went to the Southfarthing and came back with all the pipe-weed, leaving the inhabitants of the Shire with no pipe-weed and bestowing the term 'selfish' upon myself.

Sam: Well, are y'goin' t'smoke it?

Merry: Of course not! Everyone knows that you can't smoke good pipe-weed without a nice pint!

Pippin: I am the Scotts-hobbit who went to the Green Dragon (and all inns between the Hill and the Water) and came back with all the ale, leaving the inhabitants of the Shire with no ale and bestowing the term 'selfish' upon myself.

Frodo: So, are you going to drink it?

Pippin: No. You can't have ale without some good pipe-weed. *looks at Merry*

Merry: *looks at Pippin* Um, pardon me Mr. Scotts-hobbit, might I trouble you for a pint?

Pippin: Ah, no.... Exucuse Mr. English-hobbit, could I borrow some pipe-weed?

Merry: Um....no.

Sam: You guys aren't very bright.

THE END

Feel free to throw all manner of rotten foodstuffs at me now. The preceeding was based entirely upon the short film "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill (And Came Down With All the Bananas)" by Big Idea Productions; to be found on the Veggie Tales video "King George and the Ducky". Thank you.