View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 AM   #145
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Jenfried was standing there, near the doorway in the liitle, dusty cabin. There was still a pain throbbing on her shoulder, but she tried to ignore it. The fair-haired elf woman was restraining her. Even though she was not in a good condition, Jen believed she could easily wrench herself free. The magic Elves won't be any good in a raw physical fight, she thought. Still, she did not nourish thoughts of escaping right then. Even if she could get free, the others would stop him. The young Gondorian, the male elf and the dwarf looked scary enough.

Besides, she had nowhere to go. Now that the bandit gang she had been a part of had been slaughtered and scattered, she didn't belong anywhere. She wouldn't be welcomed home - she was a thief. She had no property except the clothes she was wearing. These seem to be some sort of adventurers, she thought, I wonder where they're taking me and why. Hey, if they are adventurers, maybe I could join them and get on a great adventure, seeking some dragon's treasure or something! She dismissed the childish thought instantly. Even if the party were adventurers, they wouldn't take her along. They would think her useless, and besides, she had wounded one of them seriously and they all seemed to hate her. Then I hate them too!

So there she was, in a cabin in a wilderness, with unfriendly people who had no good intentions. Despite herself, Jenfried was getting a bit desperate. She looked around. The cabin seemed empty. If there just was someone here, someone who could help me. Another ridiculous and childish thought. Why would some random cabin-owner like to help her?

Nevrtheless, as no one seemed to take action and they hadn't made sure Jen couldn't talk, she called to the cottage: "Hello...? Is there anyone here?"