View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
In my editing for the Fading Years, I used almost all of Appendix A in order to do so, as I explained in the Outline thread. During this, I found a piece that I think fits best right at the very beginning of this chapter:

Quote:
DM-SL-00.5 <Appendix A Concerning the beginning of the Dwarves strange tales are told both by the Eldar and by the Dwarves themselves; but since these things lie far back beyond our days little is said of them here. Dúrin is the name that the Dwarves used for the eldest of the Seven Fathers of their race, and the ancestor of all the kings of the Long-beards. He slept alone, until in the deeps of time and the awakening of that people he came to Azanulbizar, and in the caves above Kheled-zâram in the east of the Misty Mountains he made his dwelling, where afterwards were the Mines of Moria renowned in song.
There he lived so long that he was known far and wide as Dúrin the Deathless. Yet in the end he died before the Elder Days had passed, and his tomb was in Khazad-dûm; but his line never failed, and five times an heir was born in his House so like to his Forefather that he received the name of Dúrin. He was indeed held by the Dwarves to be the Deathless that returned; for they have many strange tales and beliefs concerning themselves and their fate in the world.>
After this, I thus no longer needed to delete the 'But' at the beginning of your draft, so I left it in.

Besides this, I agree to all of the changes (not that there are many.)
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote