Thread: King of Kings
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Narya No-one appreciates one of the greatest heroes of all- Círdan

I don't know if this counts, but Círdan (he rules Falas and Lindon throughout his life).

He is the oldest elf on middle earth (not including Valinor), I think maybe 15,000 years old? He was at the first march of the elves, whe n they went West from Cuivienen.

He got messages from the Valar that he was needed in Middle Earth so he stayed.
His people got attacked so much, including by the full force of Angmar, but many of them survived.

He took part in almost every major battle (with elves in it), with the exception of the War of the Ring (but actually there were no elves there except Legolas, at least, in the book).

He taught many people to shipbuild, and without him and his people, there would be no ships.

He gave his most precious and powerful possession, Narya, to Gandalf, and realised that he was more powerful and wiser than Saruman.

And he vowed to stay in middle-earth while Gandalf was there, even when most of his race was leaving, and actually stayed there until the year 62 (I think) of the Fourth Age, when Sam left for Valinor.

He actually did much more that I have not the time to mention them all.

Círdan, the best king of all...