View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #55
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigûr View Post
"When did Tolkien say that Radagast rode a rabbit sled?"
"...um, I think it was somewhere near the back..."

I think I saw something recently in which someone else had arrived at the same idea as me that the Kin-Strife was something "in the Appendices" that was ripe for adaptation.

I think if it was done in the manner of the "Hobbit" films, though, it would probably turn out that Castamir was secretly working directly for Sauron himself (perhaps meeting him in an audience chamber the way Darth Vader talks to the Emperor in The Empire Strikes Back) and Orcs would be sent to "reinforce" the Gondor usurpation armies.

Legolas would, of course, assist the Northmen. In the Battle of the Crossings of Erui (the title of the fifth film would be "The Battle of the Crossings of the Erui"), Legolas would kill Castamir on top of a collapsing tower, while Eldacar, who hasn't had a line since the third film, is forced to fight the evil, resurrected zombie version of his son Ornendil, who has been brought back through "certain necromantic magicks".

At the very end Thranduil (who is also there, mostly to second-guess Eldacar's decisions) would tell Legolas to "Seek out a young wizard I know."
Sounds about right.

Ah, this is taking me back to all the speculation years ago about the bridging film that never was. By the way, I misspoke by saying that was the original plan. The original original plan was to make one movie. Then it was two... then three. We were gradually acclimatised, you might say.