View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 08:11 AM   #177
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know, Liriodendron, ordinarily I'm pretty strict with movies that contain violence (more so than sexual references or "potty" humor as my husband calls it) but I have allowed my 5-yr-old to watch this movie and the worst reaction she's had is at the end when Aragorn decapitates the Uruk-hai chieftain and she said, "Oops, popped his head off." She begs daily to watch the DVD and I've actually had to limit how many times a week I'll allow her to see it.

Although some of the action in this film is pretty graphic, I guess I don't have as much of a problem with it as I do with, say Scream or any of the other slasher movies. I consider those gratuitous but don't feel the same about FotR. I would have no problem at all with one of my kids going trick-or-treating as an Uruk-hai or Saruman, but I'd have a serious problem with them going as Freddy Kruger. I have no idea if I'm right or wrong but so far it's worked for me and to each his own.
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote