View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #21
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
I admire those of you who even attempt the Eowyn and Galadriel dresses! Butterick #3648 is the hobbit pants pattern I'm using; hopefully it will work! The thing I love about hobbit pants is that, like mark12_30 above, I'll probably wear them as everyday wear! Maybe that's why I like hobbitwear. It is just so comfortable and you can do anything in it! I can't imagine going on my Walk to Mount Doom in an Eowyn dress (although I think I'd have lots of roadside admirers if I tried, as well as an inadvertent mud-hem!). I think I would like the whole Eowyn armor look though! (Although I prefer Pippin's Gondor armor) But my sewing skills are minimal at best. As I've often said, I sew by using the Force!
Quote:
Just remeber nothing is a lost cause.
A wonderful thought and great attitude, ninlaith!

Cheers!
Lyta

P.S. Goodwill stores have lots of capri pants these days and a whole lot of vests and even odd almost-elfwear dress thingies, as well as material...I love secondhand stores!
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote