Thread: Orcish Fear
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 06:37 PM   #70
jallanite
Shade of Carn Dûm

jallanite is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Moderator
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Orcish Fear

I do not remember the word, HereIstarion.

But, to your previous post, I have two points to add on Orkish fëar, both from Morgoth's Ring (HoME 10), &quot;Myths Transformed&quot;, VIII, Orcs. Both are on the fate of Orks after death.

On the Úmaiar Orks:<blockquote>Quote:<hr> The least could have been primitive (and much more powerful and peilous) Orcs; but by practising when embodied procreation they would (cf. Melian) [become] more and more earthbound, unable to return to spirit-form (even in demon-form), until released by death (killing), and they would dwindle in force. When released they would, of course, like Sauron, be 'damned': i.e. reduced to impotence, infinitely recessive: still hating but unable more and more to make it effective physically (or would not a very dwindled dead Orc-state be a poltergeist?<hr></blockquote>

On the Elven Orks:<blockquote>Quote:<hr> ****It remains therefore terribly possible there was an Elvish strain in the Orcs. These may then even have been mated with beasts (sterile!)*** and later Men. Their life-span would be diminished. And dying they would go to Mandos and be held in prison till the End.<hr></blockquote>Apparently no refusing of the summons?

</p>
jallanite is offline   Reply With Quote