View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 03:16 PM   #31
Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Pile O'Bones

Nienna, sister of Feanturi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nienna, sister of Feanturi Send a message via AIM to Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Sting

I thought Elijah Wood was amazing in all the films, especially this one. I really can’t imagine anyone else as Frodo<BR> <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> While Frodo is holding the Ring over the Cracks of Doom, the tension and mental agony that he is going through is so visible on his face <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I agree, I thought that bit was done so well. I was really scared they were going to muck it up, because I think it has so much potential as a scene. I thought that maybe Frodo might have a monologue to tell us what was going on in his mind but when it came to it they didn’t need to. It actually managed to be better than I imagined it! <BR>I agree with Enoreiel about the Havens- it was understated and didn’t really make that much sense. Frodo didn’t seem to be tortured enough after destroying it.- there was nothing about him missing the Ring, or still desiring it which I always thought was one of the central reasons Frodo was so unhappy. I think it’s a pity they missed out the bit with Arwen giving Frodo that jewel thing. (Not that I didn’t think Liv got quite enough screen time). Elijah, oscar worthy? Hell, yeah!