View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #205
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

A young Gondorian servant-girl swept breathlessly arund the corner of the Inn from the direction of the back kitchen door.

"Nay, my good guests, his name is Lord Morien. Welcome, " she said with her very brightest smile, "to the Seventh Star, and well-met. May I take your cloaks and scarves?"

The elf-lady giggled, turned a quizzical look on the Innkeeper, and made a sweeping curtsey. "Hail and Well Met, Lord Blacky of the Seventh Star." She followed the gibe with a sweet smile and a catching laugh which began to soothe the Innkeeper's dignity.

What was left of his ire was spent on the girl. "Next time wait to ask for their cloaks until they are inside. You have a lot of goods to carry in first. And why are you still outside at this hour?"

Excuses never helped; better just to get back to work. "I'm sorry, sir. " She shouldered a barrel.

"Here, lass, I'll take that--" began the dwarf but she looked down and swept inside. "Sturdier than she looks, " he muttered. Catching up another barrel, the dwarf and a few of the others unloaded the stores.

Mellonin studied them as whe worked, and resolved to speak with as many of them as she could, They certainly looked like they had tales to tell. A halfling! How terribly exciting. And those two elegant, darkeyed women... she was bubbling with questions. But at the moment, all she had time to say to several of them in passing was, "I do hope you'll be able to stay a while. I'm so very glad you've come."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:56 AM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]