View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 01:13 PM   #175
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Aeron struggled in the merchant's grip trying to escape. The merchant was strong and his hand clenched on his wrist, twisting his arm behind his body, pinning his arm to his back. Aeron writhed in pain, and crumpled to his knees. How had they caught up to him? He saw that the rest of the group had reached the merchant. Raefindan's bow was drawn and Aeron fleetingly wondered if he could hit anything with it. Gwyllion was there: her face white, and he could hear her short gasps for breath. Do not go into another fit....please do not go into another fit... Mellonin held a dagger in her hand and Ravion stared impassibely at the merchant and his bird like servant.

"I want to know why you took a known thief under your wing...and I want weregild for the merry goose chase you have led me."

Aeron gasped as he realized that the ranger would understand that the precious necklace belonged to these merchants. Fear swelled within him as he looked at Ravion. In one fell swoop, all the ranger's troubles would be gone. All he had to do was hand him over, along with Gwyllion, and then there would be no more fits to deal with, no more pebbles being thrown behind his back, no more obnoxious, mock duals to watch.