View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 02:11 AM   #40
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Here are my ideas:

It is in both Wyrma’s and Falasmir’s interest to downplay their alliance, so up till now, her comings and goings in his court have not taken place openly. This reception/banquet could be the first occasion to display that there is more than just a trade cooperation between them. The other SCs might suspect, but do not know anything so far. Yes, this could be what Rama finds out, whether as a surprise or as a confirmation of suspicions.

I agree, Wyrma would not recognize Rama or other shapechangers unless she has met them personally and had dealings with them, such as the clan leaders, etc. Rama could recognize her having seen her at some clan function earlier – she was a child, so would not now be recognized by Wyrma, but the woman would have made a considerable impression on the young girl, probably a negative one.

I would also concur that SCs do not recognize each other on sight unless personally known. There could be some secret mark of identification – perhaps a small tattoo in an inconspicuous place? Or what kind of totem were you thinking of?

As I see it, Wyrma is just beginning to realize that the rebellion is organized – up to now, she only knew of isolated instances. But she will quickly strike to prevent the gathering of forces. (Child, this will account for the incident which you have planned – Wyrma suspects that the rebellion headquarters are there.)

I have another question – what is the purpose of shapechanging, other than flight? (That reason would suggest that each SC has at least one flying or swift-running shape in his/her repertoire.) There must be some purpose for this very special ability. The only other ones that have been mentioned so far are for the head Wyrm – the validation of leadership. I would think that the reason for the dominance of the Wyrm clan would be because the dragon shape could defend the others. Of course, it would also be used to intimidate. But what additional reasons would there be, for all?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'