View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #285
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Being already familiar with Javan's story, Léof paid little attention to it. Instead, he was wondering what she and Javan had been discussing before, and whether she was actually being short with him and if so why. He couldn't think of anything.

Cerwyn was intrigued by Javan's story, even more so than after hearing Scyld's testimony earlier that afternoon. Javan's version was still lacking in details, but maybe Balan might make a good story of it - if she saw him later she'd mention it. After all, there was action, betrayal, romance... or so she imagined. Why else would the henchman turn on the evil lord to rescue the beautiful noblewoman? (Again, her imagining - no one had told her what the woman looked like.) Maybe she would ask him. She felt tingles down her back, fascinated and nervous at the idea of meeting a true-life villain-turned-hero.

She was pulled from this thrilling line of thought by Javan's question, and forced once again to consider her own predicament. "I've not decided yet," she said. "Everyone I've met has been so kind and welcoming. I think I just need some time..." to figure out where I'm wanted, needed, loved... "To figure out where I fit, if that makes sense."

"Well, there'll be plenty of time for that," said Léof. "With the weather as it is, no one is going anywhere for a few days at least. It's been a long day; maybe things will seem clearer in the morning. I'm heading to bed." He stood. "It's good to have you here, Cerwyn. We'll talk more in the morning."

"Good night, Léof," she said, the edge of her anger blunted. He left, and she turned to Javan. "He's right; it is getting late, and I probably ought to help clear the dishes. It's the least I can do, since all I did was watch the stew while the rest of you did the dirty work today."

Last edited by Firefoot; 02-23-2016 at 08:20 PM.