View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #122
Arawethiel
Animated Skeleton

Arawethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Falco stumbled along with the other hobbits barely watching where he was going. His mind kept flashing back to the barrow he had been trapped in. He remembered the whispers and the song freezing him dragging him deeper into a cold blackness. Even now that he was free a deep chill pervaded his body and prevented him from warming up. Wights the ranger had said they were and Falco could not have been more shocked and uprooted at that moment.

It seemed there are many things afoot in this world that Falco now realized were quite real and dangerous. Glancing around at the forest they were now walking through Falco could feel the weight of unseen eyes upon them and could no longer dismiss them as being imaginings. Erendal noticed the shivering hobbit and spoke a few words that cheered Falco some. "Do not fret young hobbit, the Wights can harm you no longer. Soon we will be back in your own lands and with this adventure long behind you." Falco smiled at the Ranger and although he had been wary of Old Bill he could not help but trust this man. He had saved them from the Barrow Downs and had been nothing but friendly and open.

Falco had a feeling that Old Bill would have left them to the foul whims of the Wights had he stayed with them. The man and hobbits continued on for a little while longer until at last they reached the clearing Erendal had mentioned earlier. Rosie then appeared beside Falco and said "Do you suppose I should ask Erendal if we can hunt some game? This is a queer forest but surely there must be something rustling about that we could eat." Falco nodded and said "Let's go ask the Ranger." Together they walked over to Erendal and Rosie asked "Excuse me, sir, but do you suppose Falco and I could try to catch some game in my snare? There are a lot of us to feed and none of us have any supplies." Ama spoke up as well asking Erendal a question too. "Oh and could Olo and I go looking for some berries to eat?" All the hobbits stopped and waited for the Ranger's reply unsure of how they should tread in the foreboding forest.