View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 05:04 PM   #76
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

As Cami took a final swing about the Inn, everything seemed to be in a state of readiness for the festivities that were expected to begin later that evening. All the cobwebs were gone, the floor carefully scrubbed, and garlands and other decorations festively hung. The cake was decorated, and sitting on the top of the bar.

Cami could see that Aelfwine and several others had returned from the market, with all the ingredients they would need for the dinner. Several Elves and Hobbbits were back in the kitchens putting different dishes together and cooking them over the open fire or in the brick oven that was built into the hearth. They should be done in just a little while. She would keep the meal warming until it was time to be served, but it truly looked as if everything was under control.

So many people had helped that Cami couldn't even remember all the names: Rie, Nuru, Don, Belin, Luinien, Aelfwine, Arawyn, Tarondo, Lumiel, Morestel, Sofiya, Narello, and Snowdrop. She was sure there were others whom she had missed, and she hoped they would forgive her feeble brain, since she was not too good recalling names. It was a good thing they'd cooked up so much food, since so many were going to be dropping by for dinner.

Cami clambered up on the nearest table, and called out in her loudest voice, "I need your attention please. Everyone helping with the preparations, you've done a wonderful job. I don't know how to thank you. I think we can all take a break now. I'd like everyone to return to your home or your room at the Inn and slip into something festive. Make sure you have comfortable shoes for dancing, and, if you have an instrument, bring it along."

"Then we'll all reassemble here in a few hours and the festivities will begin, as I expect our guests will be arriving then."